Sunday, March 14, 2010

Canoecopia



I just returned from Canoecopia put on by Rutabaga in Madison WI. Big crowds, lots of old friends (and some new ones as well), and lots of cool stuff to look at. I was there to witness the introduction of the new Valley Kayaks Avocet VCP (thermoformed)





Here are a couple of pics showing Valley Director Peter Orton and Western US Agent Rob Avery and another of me and Peter (just to prove I was there) in front of the new boat and banner.

The new Avocet VCP looked great, unfortunately most people could not tell it from Valley's superb fiberglass construction.

I think there will be lots more in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Curious as to how the cockpit on the new Avocet thermoformed fits? I currently own an Avocet RM. My experience and that of many others is than the cockpit on the RM version has a more tailored fit than the composite Avocet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should be virtually the same as the fiberglass composite boat as it was developed from that mold.

    ReplyDelete